Heya, just keep us in your prayers cause this morning there was a mandatory evac in our area so we had to git. There's a few different fires around so pls pray for them to dissipate. The wind isn't helping any either.
There is no (fire) too fierce for the power of the keys to stop or protect you from.
Pretty much.
This morning when I came out of my cabin, the air was dry and smoky, with ash fluttering about...rather eerie because the sky was also dark. Because of the winds over the past few days there were branches and tree-litter all over, giving the property a rather deserted look.
Here's the pool, covered in ash.
Around eight this morning we got a reverse-911 call for a mandatory evacuation in our area. We'd already packed our flee-bags yesterday, "just in case", so we got going fairly fast.
On our way out, the traffic was backed up a bit because of all the evacuees. You can see to the left in the picture a woman and her horse...evacuating, I'm guessing.
Driving down the highway, there were small fires on the sides, and smoke everywhere. Visibility was rotten.
But, PTL, we're safe and sound. I was cooking all day so I smell like smoke and cake and versatile basil.
So pray for us, yes please! (And tks if you have been!) -- Cheers all!
----------------------------------------------------
Here are some others' posts to give you a well-roundedish looksie:
Niki's
Angel's
Steve and Linda
Tuesday, October 23, 2007
Evacuated!
Posted by
Cec
at
8:44 PM
Labels: Filipino Sponge Cake
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I'm praying for you ............luv ya!!!
Oh my.
Ceci, you're killing me, you really are.
I'm a Teeny bit....odd?? I was thinking you were going to say like "A Teeny Bit Of My Favorite Sunshine Straight From Heaven" or something along those lines. Now I'm emo.
I'm praying for you, I love you tons. xxx
Post a Comment